Wednesday, March 4, 2009

silence

have you ever noticed that when you want silence you never get it. but when you get it you do not want it. for the last two weeks give or take my dads dog has been in heat and my dogs has wined, cried, moaned, barked and generally put up a ruckus. now I got a dog because I was lonely and I felt the house was to quiet the funny part is that you would never know I have a dog because normally he is so quiet only when my dad is around does he make noise at that time I have company and I do not need noise
but it is not just me the people I know who are young get excited to get away from the
"kid noise" to go some place quiet and relaxing. the older people I know get out of the house to get some noise and "be around some Young people" .
At the doctor's office the other day two very sweet 90 somethings were following around this young woman with a 3yr old and a 9mo old. Just could not leave them alone "listen to him talk... listen to her giggle..." the young mother was very good to the elderly people thank heaven.
I know I am not the only one this effects this is just another one of those things we wish for but can not have. My mom used to quote a poem when I was a teenager called "man fool" I can not remember the poem but it was about this very thing. Man always wants what we can not / do not have a cold day in the summer or a warm day in the winter
who cares about silence enjoy the ruckus!

No comments: